Covington & Burling LLP
Covington & Burling are a leading international law firm. The firm is known for its industry focused practice, creativity and ability to address challenging assignments. Our life science and technology practices are focused on assisting life science and technology companies at all stages of their development. We have deep experience and expertise in assisting in the formation and spin out of early stage companies and counselling those companies through the corporate life cycle. Clients include CMP Therapeutics, Crawford Healthcare, William Ransom, De Novo Pharmaceuticals, CellCoTech, Vernalis, Oxford BioMedica, Plethora Solutions, Qiagen and Axis Shield. Our lawyers have in addition acted on a significant number of private company sell side transactions including advising on the sale of Domantis, Kudos, Arrow, Respivert, Thiakis, Piramed, Myconostica and Pharmakodex.
Paul Claydon, Partner
P: 020 7067 2060
Fasken Martineau LLP
Fasken Martineau is one of the world's leading international commercial law firms.
Fasken Martineau has a global life sciences team comprising 71 lawyers. 21 strong life sciences team in London has over 125 years collective experience in the sector and one of the most complete life sciences legal offerings amongst any UK firm.
Fasken Martineau assists life sciences companies at all stages of their development, including:
- Formation (company law, tax law, employment law, seed and angel funding, commercial law and in-licensing);
- Development (first round and subsequent VC financings, intellectual property, outsourcing, regulatory, product liability, dispute resolution, competition law);
- Pivotal or exit transactions (large scale licensing and collaboration, M&A, IPO, public company law).
Fasken Martineau has considerable experience and expertise in dealing with spin-out and early stage companies and can service their needs in a cost effective manner.
Biotech / Medtech Sector:
- Fasken Martineau acts for early stage companies (e.g. Aqix, CellCentric, Domainex, Modern Biosciences, Selective Antibodies, Stabilitech, Trojantec and Varleigh);
- Mid sized companies (e.g. Apitope, Novacta, Summit and Synairgen);
- Large companies (e.g. Antisoma), drug delivery companies (e.g. SkyePharma).
- Mid sized companies (Alliance, Daiichi-Sankyo, Ipsen, Fresenius, Glenmark, Kyowa Hakko, Leo, Nordic, Nycomed and Sinclair Pharma) and small companies (e.g. Dunelm, HRA Pharma and Medesis);
- Large companies (e.g. Merck Serono, Mylan, Novo Nordisk and Takeda);
- Fasken Martineau also acts for generic pharmaceutical companies (e.g. Mylan and Omnipharm).
Contact: Allistair Booth
Phone: +44 207 917 8520
Contact: Gary Howes
Phone: +44 207 917 8500